Legal Counsel (German-speaking)
Our client is looking for a German-speaking Legal Counsel. The client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of premium baby products with subsidiaries in 17 countries around the world and available through distribution channels in over 60 countries.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft, review and negotiate various commercial documents such as services agreements, confidentiality agreements, requests for proposals and supplier agreements. Please note, many of the agreements will be in German and would be governed by German or Austrian law, so familiarity with those legal regimes is desirable.
- Provide legal support to business groups, including compliance, client services, research and development teams, human resources, IT and other business and investment functions regarding strategic initiatives, business negotiations, regulatory matters, legal risks and general company matters. Where external counsel is used, document all advice and communication received.
- Provide legal support to other functions within the group including matters involving vendors/suppliers HR, administration and other business needs (e.g., IT, intellectual property, technology, property, immigration and human resources).
- Support compliance and regulatory responsibilities of the Company and of the offices of members of the group who do not have an in-house counsel of their own.
- Assist the Group General Counsel with the administration of the group's compliance programme and its related policies and procedures.
- Manage legal matters, including support on global legal projects and matters.
- If required, ensure company secretarial books and corporate records are kept up to date.
- Work closely with senior management of members of the Group and ensure that there is good communication of issues.
- Liaise with colleagues and clients at all levels in multiple jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Fluent in German (speaking, writing, able to draft legal agreements in German);
- Qualified lawyer in either Germany, Austria or Cyprus
- Familiarity with European data protection, employment law and intellectual property law is desirable.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand and integrate details of a business operational environment in applying legal and policy requirements.
- Commercial awareness.
- Excellent organizational/time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Problem-solving mentality.
- Highly motivated and confident.
- May be required to travel to Austria or other group subsidiary countries from time to time.
- 30-50k Gross (Salary package to be agreed – employee can choose between 12 or 13 months themselves.
- Medical insurance,
- Bonuses usually capped at 1 or 2 months.
Flexible working hours.
- Role can be part time or full time.
- Flexible working conditions (part home-office/part office)
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Legal Counsel (German-speaking) with reference number 2107.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.