Network Support Officer
Our client, an innovative communications company based in Limassol, is looking to hire a Network Support who will be responsible to monitor and maintain a wide variety of products and solutions Communications Industry. Tasks include, diagnosing software/hardware and technical problems, configuring different systems to suit customer’s requirements and being as efficient as possible in his/her resolution time. The main job purpose of the Network Support Officer is to provide technical and network problem resolution to the end user (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. When necessary, the Network Support Officer will follow specific procedures to escalate technical problems to the System Engineer.This is a critical and an important role to the company, because the Network Support Officer represents the organization and is the direct point of contact for our customers, during critical moments.
- Researching and identifying solutions when software and hardware issues occur.
- Research and identify solutions when software and hardware issued occur.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration relating to the company’s products.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits.
- Guide the end user through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the System Engineer.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the customer.
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Follow up with clients to ensure proper functionality of services and solutions provided.
- Maintain and develop a solid professional relation with existing and new clients.
- 24/7/365 shift work to provide technical support upon request from the customer at any time (shift patterns between colleagues will take place).
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Network Administration, Information Systems Management or adequate experience in a similar position.
- Networking & Knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, STP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Some exposure to Linux (Debian).
- Working experience with security appliances, primarily FortiNet devices.
- Base understanding of Cyber Security concepts.
- Knowledge of setting up wireless networks and Access Points.
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- The ability to assess and modify your own approach when speaking to customers.
- The ability to deal with difficult calls whereby the caller may not have English as a first language.
- The ability to provide good analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and procedures.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- The working hours are 24/7 shifts (including weekends and holidays).
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Network Support Officer with reference number 1911.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.