Our client is a Software Development company based in Limassol and they are currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant who will be responsible for the full spectrum of Financial and Accounting operations of the Organization.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of financial statements and analyze the organization's financial status
- Evaluate manual and automated work processes, systems, and procedures that involve financial accounting to ensure efficiency of workflow, internal controls, and adherence to accounting and auditing standards
- Recommend and assist in the implementation of new or revised accounting systems, procedures, and records
- Read, interpret, and enforce accounting compliance with Accounting standards, contract terms, and accounting procedures
- Participate in the preparation, evaluation, and maintenance of budgets and budgetary controls
- Liaise with various external stakeholders (e.g. Banks, Auditors etc.)
- Handle VAT and TAX issues (for the company and for the employees)
- Perform other accounting and finance tasks as requested
- Lead the preparation of Management Accounts and other company Reporting
- Preparation of any necessary documents may need to be provided to the local authorities
- Lead and manage company cost control activities
- Responsible for audit of financial statements
- Recommend ways to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Responsible for the validity of data entry into the Financial Management System
- To maintain the Sales and Purchasers ledger and manage supplier payments and Company Income
- Participates in the formulation of the future strategy of the company
- Prepares Budgets, Cash Flows, and Forecasts
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and customer payments
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Identify loopholes in all departments and recommend risk aversion methods and cost savings
- Assist with Auditors (i.e.: statutory accounts) and related Government Authorities (i.e., Income Tax, VAT, and applications for reduced VAT for beneficiaries etc)
- Evaluate the company’s performance using key data
- Ensures adherence of the company to the International Financial Reporting Standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Economics or any other related field from a reputable University
- ACA Qualified
- At least 5 years of previous work experience in a similar position
- Familiarity with Income Tax and VAT
- Familiarity and accessibility to the local authorities
- Ability to resolve any issues that may arise and to suggest the best solution
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Strong strategic, problem-solving, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Greek), Russian language shall be considered as an advantage
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- A very attractive package of remuneration will be offered to the successful candidate based on industry knowledge, experience, and qualifications.
- In addition, the successful candidate will be able to join the company’s medical insurance plan.
- Additionally, the company provides benefits like breakfast, entertainment activities, and other benefits.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Senior Accountant with reference number 1890.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.