Our client, a Financial Services and Administration Company based in Nicosia, is looking to recruit a Bookkeeper/ Accounts Assistant.
- To complete all allocated tasks in an accurate, neat and professional manner, while ensuring attention to detail is displayed and follow up is conducted thoroughly
- To assist in meeting organisational goals by meeting deadlines, assuming ownership, scheduling time, prioritising tasks and complying with the organisation’s information requirements
- To adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
- To ensure continuous professional and personal development by continually updating skills and knowledge
- Ensuring the decisions and instructions of management and the CA are adhered to at all times
- Assisting with the smooth running of the accounts and financial reporting function
- Assisting with the preparation of all financial accounting responsibilities and deliverables
- Ensuring maintenance of proper books of accounts in accordance with Cyprus legislation
- Maintenance of the general ledger
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic management accounts and reports as requested
- Assisting in the financial reporting for allocated companies
- “Rapid reaction” for ad hoc requests from CA and provide “on demand” analysis on the outputs
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with International Accounting Standards and Cyprus companies Law
- Liaising with Inland Revenue as required
- Assisting with the preparation of annual tax computation
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of provisional tax declaration
- Liaising with auditors and facilitating the audit for allocated companies
- Preparation of reports as requested by the CA
- Relevant University degree (must)
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping experience
- Working towards ACCA or ACA is an advantage
- Bookkeeping knowledge
- Fluent English both written and verbal (Greek an advantage)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to properly use, maintain and take care of work related materials and equipment
- The working hours are 40 hours per week based on 08:30 until 17:30 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 or 08:30 until 14:00 or 14:30 on Friday (100% onsite).
- The company is offering a salary of around 1,800 – 2,000 Euros gross per month (dependent on skills and experience) plus 13th salary .
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Bookkeeper with reference number 1883.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.