Our client, an international ship management company with offices in Cyprus and throughout Europe and Asia employing over 4000 staff onshore and at sea, is looking to employ a Logistics Coordinator to be based at their offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the transports of ship spares and quarterly supplies with Technical Superintendents and Procurement Officers.
- Plan, coordinate and execute the transports of special deliveries on board of our vessels.
- Continuously optimize logistic processes and supply chain for each vessel.
- Monitor airfreight-, sea freight- and/or truck transports (check customs status/dangerous goods handling, etc.).
- Streamline communication and coordinate between all involved internal and external stakeholder (e.g. owners agent’s / logistic partners / vessels / catering suppliers / barge operator, etc.) in order to combine on board delivery
- Coordinate the combined delivery of local supplies with spares or provision to reduce costs for the ‘last mile’
- Monitor vessel schedules in order to plan next spare part deliveries in convenient and cost-effective ports.
- Sound understanding of procurement and logistics processes.
- The logistics coordinator should have gathered working experience in a logistics company, ideally specialized in ship spares logistics or at a ship management company.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence when dealing with people often in difficult circumstances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in using PMS software solutions
- Provident fund
- Medical scheme for family
- Internal and external training opportunities
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Logistics Coordinator with reference number 1799.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.