Marine Electronics Engineer
Our client, an innovative communications company based in Limassol, is looking to hire a Marine Electronics Engineer who will be responsible for providing technical support and assistance for navigation and communication systems in a maritime or naval setting. Additionally, you will be supporting the design, installation, operation, repair and maintenance of navigation and communication systems. Working under the supervision of the Senior NavCom Engineer, you will assist with troubleshooting tasks, provide pre-sales and after sales technical support in relation to NavCom equipment, and ensure optimal system performance.
- System Maintenance: Assisting in the maintenance and remote troubleshooting of navigation and communication equipment, such as radar systems, radio communication systems, electronic chart display and information systems (ECDIS), automatic identification systems (AIS), and satellite communication systems.
- System Testing: Conducting routine testing and diagnostic procedures on navigation and communication systems to ensure their proper functioning. This may involve conducting performance tests, analyzing data, and identifying and resolving technical issues.
- Training and Support: Assisting in training personnel on the proper use and operation of navigation and communication systems. Providing technical support and guidance to internal and external users when they encounter issues or have questions regarding the equipment.
- Supervision: Assist other departments, such as service coordination or sales to correctly identify customer requirements and propose correct solutions.
- Quality Assurance: Review performance of internal or subcontracted field service engineers and provide recommendations and/or corrective actions as applicable to all relevant stakeholders.
- Documentation: Maintaining accurate records of system maintenance, repairs, and test results. This includes updating technical manuals, equipment logs, and other relevant documentation to ensure proper documentation of system status and changes.
- Collaboration: Collaborating with other team members, and other departments, to support overall operational objectives and ensure effective communication and coordination within the team.
- Upgrades and Upkeep: Assisting in the implementation of system upgrades, software updates, and security patches. Keeping up to date with technological advancements in the field of navigation and communication systems to ensure the systems are modernized and meet the required standards.
- Field Service Support: Be the first point of contact for field service engineers, performing services onboard vessels. Provide administrative and technical support as needed.
- Filed Service Attendances: Join Field Service Engineers onboard ships for on-site works, as instructed by the Head of Filed Service Support, for training and familiarization purposes
- Degree in Engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications, or a related field.
- 1-2 years' experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Understanding of GPS, radar systems, and marine communication systems is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of software programming and debugging.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willingness to continuously learn and adapt in a fast-paced industry.
- The working hours are 8:30-17:00 Monday to Friday (onsite job)
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Marine Electronics Engineer with reference number 1646.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.