IT Support Officer
Our client, an innovative communications company based in Limassol, is looking to hire an IT Support Officer is responsible to monitor and maintain a wide variety of products and solutions within the Maritime Satellite Communications Industry. Tasks include, diagnosing software/hardware and technical problems, configuring different systems to suit customer’s requirements and being as efficient as possible in resolving the issue identified.
The main job purpose of the Support Officer is to provide technical and network problem resolution to the end user (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. When necessary, the Support Officer will follow specific procedures to escalate issues to the respective teams within the organisation.
- Researching and identifying solutions when software and hardware issues occur.
- Performing configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of network infrastructure, including satellite communication systems, routers, switches and firewalls
- Deploying, maintaining, and upgrading the necessary hardware, software, and network components on board.
- Diagnosing hardware or software issues, performing maintenance tasks, updating software, and resolving compatibility or performance problems.
- Implementing and maintaining cybersecurity measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, intrusion detection systems, and encryption protocols.
- Monitoring network traffic, conducting security audits, and responding to security incidents remotely in accordance with the agreed procedures.
- Remotely monitoring system logs, network traffic, and other parameters to identify potential issues or anomalies.
- Diagnosing problems, perform system health checks, and provide necessary guidance to personnel/crew onboard the vessel.
- Participating in meetings with third party providers, collect requirements and establish course of action required for integration of third-party services into existing customer infrastructure.
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem(s) and guiding the end user through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue.
- Properly escalating unresolved issues to the respective teams, as needed.
- Providing prompt and accurate feedback to the customer.
- Referring to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions.
- Prioritizing and managing several open issues at one time, which involves multitasking.
- Following up with clients at regular intervals to ensure proper functionality of services and solutions provided.
- Developing and maintaining a solid professional relation with customers.
- Accurately maintaining logs of their actions within the company’s ticketing system and any other platforms (as applicable).
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Network Administration, Information Systems Management or adequate experience in a similar position.
- Experience in and knowledge of networking and services and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, STP, SNMP, DHCP.
- Some exposure to Linux (Debian).
- Working experience with security appliances, primarily FortiNet devices.
- Base understanding of cyber security concepts.
- Knowledge of setting up wireless networks and access points.
- Fluency in the English language.
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- Ability to deal with difficult calls whereby the caller may not have English as a first language.
- Ability to provide good quality analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- The working hours are 8:30-17:00 Monday to Friday (onsite job)
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of IT Support Officer with reference number 1645.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.