Our client, a medical organisation focusing on clinical genetics, is looking to hire a meticulous lab technician in Nicosia. The technician will be responsible for supporting the laboratory staff with the primary goal of optimizing lab procedures and succeeding in producing reliable test results.
In order to be successful as a lab technician you will need to be thorough when carrying out your duties, successfully maintain records of laboratory processes and equipment, and generate reports to submit to the relevant laboratory manager.
- Collecting, receiving, labelling, and/or analysing samples or substances using the correct testing equipment, when necessary.
- Designing and executing laboratory testing in line with standard testing procedures, recording observations, and interpreting findings.
- Recording all experimental data and test results accurately and in the specified format (written and/or electronic.)
- Organizing and storing all chemical substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
- Ensuring that safety guidelines are adhered to at all times within the laboratory.
- Maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Cleaning, sterilizing, maintaining, and calibrating laboratory equipment.
- Ordering laboratory supplies, as needed.
- Providing technical support, when necessary.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or a related field.
- Valid laboratory technician license.
- Proven experience working as a lab technician.
- Working experience operating electrical and non-electrical laboratory equipment.
- Comfortable handling potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards, etc.)
- In depth knowledge of QHSE management systems, preventative measures, and laboratory best practices.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and database systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- Superb dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Analytical skills.
Please send your CV to StaffMatters at email@example.com and mention that you are applying for the vacancy of Lab Technician with reference number 1305.
Or you can apply directly through your candidate login by hitting the APPLY button.