Company: International Forex Company
Salary: Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience + 13th salary + other benefits.
Our client, an International Forex Company located in Limassol, is now looking to recruit a Senior Linux System Administrator.
– Installation configuration and management of systems in test, development and production environment
– Installation configuration and management of various monitoring tools such as Zabbix, and Nagios
– Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
– Upgrade, configure and manage application servers that supports infrastructure
– Working with Linux, Microsoft, VMware and cloud technologies.
– Understanding of networks and security concepts
– Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
– Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
– Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
– Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
– Recommend and implement new systems and solutions to improve automation and systems integrity
– Keep systems documentation up to date.
– Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
– Assist and coordinates with other IT professionals for design, configuration and change requests
– BSc/MSc in Computer Science or any related field
– 5 years minimum experience in similar position
– Experience in Linux system administration configuration monitoring and troubleshooting such as Debian GNU, Apache, Redmine, Subversion and RabbitMQ
– Experience with Zabbix
– Professional qualifications will be considered as an advantage
– Experience in 3rd party-open source applications such as zookeeper and corosync
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
– Willingness to get trained
– Good communications and teamworking skills
– Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
Competitive Salary based on qualifications and experience + 13th salary + other benefits.