Company: CySec Regulated Investment Firm
Salary: 1,500-2,000 Euros gross x 13 salaries + Medical Insurance + Provident Fund.
Our client, a CySec Regulated Investment Firm, is looking to hire an IT System Engineer for their offices in Nicosia. The IT System Engineer will be responsible for administering and applying the decisions of the Senior Management of the Company regarding the Informations technology department
– Implementation of the departmental procedures and regulations
– To set up budgets and strategic issues in respect of software systems and to prepare proposals in liaison with the IT provider(s) as to the future direction of the Company in the IT field
– To be the Companys contact person for the suppliers of the electronic equipment and systems
– Supervision of the effective and unhindered operation of all electronic systems (hardware and software)
– Supervision of the proper functioning of the transaction reporting system in accordance to the technical specifications provided by the CySec
– Scheduling and supervising the maintenance/ upgrading of electronic equipment and systems
– Evaluation of the effectiveness of existing electronic systems and submission of proposals to the Board of Directors, in regard to upgrades/renewals of electronic systems, both hardware and software
– Supervision of the implementation of the procedures for the creation of backup files for all systems
– In cooperation with the Compliance Officer arrange for two backup copies of all data files to be maintained at secure locations
– Managing the security access for each level in the Companys systems
– Ensures that antivirus systems are up to date and that the software is updated daily in order to protect the network from any virus or other harmful software,
– Monitoring the proper operation of systems
– Training and support of the users of electronic systems, depending on the needs
– Submission of proposals to the management in regard to additional training of members,
– Arranging for the provision of support to users in emergency situations
– To be responsible for supervising the installation of new computer hardware and all their relevant applications.
– Overlook the development of new Web applications as well as the maintenance and enhancement of the existing Web Applications and internal systems, along with the IT Department team.
– Overlook the testing of Web applications, develop and implement user-driven templates, databases and interfaces and develop external Web portals, along with the IT Department, as applicable
– Ensure confidentiality of the Employers and clients data
– Maintaining a Disaster Recovery Plan
– Cooperating and regular reporting to the Risk Management Committee and the Risk Manager in order to minimize risk from interruption in the operation and damage in the systems
– Ensure continuous support on a 24/7 basis of all Companys IT infrastructure
– Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
– Minimum of 3 years of experience
– Experience in Microsoft Windows Server 2016 /2012 R2/ 2008 R2
– Microsoft Virtualization, VM Ware, Microsoft Azure and Office 365
– Knowledge of Symantec Backup Exec, Arcserve, HP Data Protector, Powershell v2, v3 would be an advantage
– Knowledge and basic Configuration of Routers, VPN, Wireless Routers, Wireless AccessPoints, Switches, Firewalls, Microsoft System Center suite and Microsoft SQL an advantage
Working Hours: 08:30-17:30 with 1 hour lunch break.
Salary: 1,500-2,000 Euros gross x 13 salaries + Medical Insurance + Provident Fund (upon the completion of the probation period – 6 months)